The SMART-Workscoping Program (Strategic Maintenance and Repair Technics) leverages TurbineAero’s extensive maintenance history and technical experiences, along with our industry – leading induction processes to provide customers with improved MTBR rates, increased reliability, with a decrease in overall cost to maintain APUs.
- Induction Borescope and Test Cell Run
- Engineering Review
- Repair Options: PMA, DER, and OEM
- Repair Types
- Gearbox Repair
- Load Compressor
- Hot Section
DMM Data Review
- Review DMM data for shutdown history related to reason for removal
- Review logged corrected performance history for degradation trend
- Review turbine inlet(T4) temperature exposure time greater than 1950 degrees
- Identify flow path degradation
- Identify FOD or shroud delamination
- Identify oil migration into flow path
- Operate APU to confirm reason for removal
- Instrumented engine allows for in depth troubleshooting
- Test cell operation provides controlled set points to isolate faulty modules
- Provides accurate health of APU
- Review finding with customer
- Provide SMART-Workscoping recommendation.
- Work with customer to determine best solutions for APU objectives
Repair only what is required.
- TurbineAero historical APU repairs indicates the each module doesn’t need to be repaired on every shop visit.
- Engineering Review of each APU
- Cost savings by not repairing the “entire” APU every time.
- Better understanding of cost drivers than using the OEM
- Improved MTBR and reduced deferrals from improved product reliability
- Better understanding of APU failures and APU health after induction